When you are in office the most important things on your mind is to finish the important agendas for the day. You have to make sure that you meet the deadlines at any cost or prepare an important presentation for the upcoming brand launch, take follow ups and the most important one is to finish the unexpectedly and untimely work given by your boss. In all this chaos you hardly pay any attention to your diet intake
The people in sales jobs are in an even more worse condition as they don’t have a fixed time for meals. The mostly have lunch late in the afternoon or many a times they skip lunch as they were busy attending sales calls with their clients and sometimes the meetings get stretched till late evening.
Having seen both these sides of working scenarios I really had to suffer initially as managing time was a bit tough for me. Due to my hectic working schedule I had to miss my workouts and also my meals went up for a toss. I used to have a meal as soon as I would be free and there was no fixed time for that. In a few weeks itself I realized that I have put on enough weight which had taken me almost three months to lose, thanks to my body’s slow metabolic rate.
I knew I had to do something with my the erratic timing of my meals as depending on workout’s alone was not at all going to help. I thought of carrying fruits in my work bag but that was not such a cool idea as fruits can be a bit messy and wont help in keeping hunger at bay for a longer period of time. I wanted something which can be had anywhere anytime and which will keep me fuller for longer period of time.
Fibre is a great option that will solve all your problems. And fibre in the form of fibre bars gives the convenience of having it anywhere and anytime.
Go for the fibre bars which are mostly made up of oats as they are contain less amount of fat.
Advantages of having fibre bars:
- Very convenient to have at any place and anytime
- Can be carried easily in your work bag
- Helps you fulfill you daily requirement of fibre, i.e 30g – 35g
- Fibre in the fibre bars will help in slowing down digestion and will make you feel satisfied and fuller for a longer period of time
- Fibre being bulky in nature will fill you up quicker and will prevent you from overeating
- Fibre helps in keeping your digestive system in the prime of it’s health.
Fibre is must in a working person’s diet, even while in office if you are not going to have your lunch any sooner or if you are feeling really hungry at some point of time then you can quickly have a fibre bar any get back to work.
An ideal diet for a working person should be :
- Start the day with heavy breakfast where you can have proteins, carbohydrates and fibre in equal proportion. Muesli with soya milk, boiled eggs, brown bread toasts and green tea.
- Fibre bar, 2 to 3 hours after breakfast.
- Lunch: Grilled chicken, brown bread, salads, vegetables cooked in less oil. Make sure you don’t bloat your stomach post lunch. Keep your lunch simple but don’t overeat.
- Fibre bar, whenever you start feeling hungry after lunch.
- Dinner: Leafy vegetables, whole wheat or multi-grain bread and green tea to go along with.
Having fibre in the diet has many advantages for the body and truly fibre is must in a working person’s diet.